Meet the Colorado Horsecare Foodbank & Come Support the Cause at a fun & amazing event!
Colorado Horsecare Foodbank (www.HorseFoodBank.org) provides temporary grants of emergency hay, grain, and veterinary & hoof care, for Colorado horses when their owners are unable to keep their horses fed, or provide veterinary care and horse-shoeing, due to natural disasters, job loss, divorce, catastrophic medical expenses, and other difficult life circumstances. Colorado Horsecare Foodbank’s mission is to keep Colorado horses safe and with their families during times of financial hardship, rather than sending the horses away forever because of a temporary financial problem.
Hay Bales & Horse Tales Annual Benefit Scheduled for Friday, Oct. 14, 2016
Colorado Horsecare Foodbank’s flagship annual fundraising event is Hay Bales & Horse Tales, scheduled for Friday, Oct. 14th , 2016, from 6-10 pm. Located at the charming, rustic Inn at Hudson Gardens in Littleton, Colorado. This casual, fun event includes a delicious, hearty buffet dinner; wine & beer; live music from local band favorite Jewel & The Rough; and silent & live auctions. Proceeds are used to buy and stockpile hay & grain, and set aside money to pay for basic veterinary care & hoof care for Colorado horses while their owners are getting back on their feet.
Individual tickets: $100.
Tables of 10: $900.
To purchase tickets, access:
Colorado Horsecare Foodbank Quick Facts:
- Year Founded: 2009
- Founded By: Juliana Lehman, Executive Director
- Status: CHF is a registered 501©3 nonprofit based in Colorado
- Grants of emergency hay & grain, basic veterinary care & hoof care
Primary sources of funding for Colorado Horsecare Foodbank are:
- Fundraising Events
- Monetary Donations: Tax-deductible monetary donations
- Donations of “Horse-quality” Hay or Grain: CHF accepts donations of horse-quality hay that can be delivered to one of CHF’s hay storage locations. (CHF is not able to accept out-of- state donations that require us to go and pick up the hay.)
Since its founding in 2009, Colorado Horsecare Foodbank has:
- Provided grants of emergency hay, grain, veterinary care & hoof care to more than 3,000 Colorado horses.
- Distributed more than 600 TONS of emergency hay to Colorado horse owners
Colorado Horsecare Foodbank Contact Information: