I’ve been looking for a way to monitor my horses in their paddocks for a while. The issue I ran into is there isn’t electricity for the cameras, and the WiFi signal isn’t great outside (we don’t have a booster or anything outside).
We have a Blink system on our house so I really hoped that would work – but the range just wasn’t strong enough for those cameras central box to connect to. Then I stumbled on these Zeeporte Cameras for under $50. I figured I would order one and give it a shot. Y’all – I am blown away.
After doing a trial with that one camera for 5 days, I ordered 3 more (plus the appropriate SD cards for all 4 on the off chance I want to do motion recording).
Not only do they work, and work WELL off of only my in-home Gryphon WiFi router (linked below), but they have a ton of great features! Watch the video below for unboxing, setup, and use of the system.
My Favorite Features:
- Rechargeable Battery Operated (or you can set them up with a solar panel charger to keep them powered 24/7)
- Free monitoring app “Adorcam” (no subscription required) Google Link and Apple Link
- No central box they need to connect to, just WiFi and the app
- Easy to setup, mount, and adjust
- Loads of settings to customize
- Easy to share individual or all cameras, and the option to share with admin or guest permissions
- Ability to talk to whoever is on the other side of the live view
- Motion detection that can be turned on/off, as well as sensitivity settings (this requires SD cards)
- Great picture in daylight or nighttime
- SD card storage to save any motion events and the ability to rewatch anytime
- Customizable notification settings
- Great battery life
- Works in all weather
- Great WiFi range (my furthest camera is ~400ft from the router with walls in between)
I’ve had the system for about 2 weeks now, and we have had rain, freezing rain, snow, and 100mph winds since I’ve had the cameras installed! They haven’t let me down once. I am truly loving the ability to check on the horses no matter where I am, what time of day it is, or what the weather is like (without having to go outside or even get out of bed LOL).
An update after nearly a year of use: I LOVE THESE CAMERAS and recommend them to everyone that is looking for barn cameras. I have 12 of them setup on the property now. I added a barn wifi router for the cameras I use inside during foaling watch (my house signal was NOT strong enough for those) and they all work in the same app/platform even though they are on different wifi networks.
ZeePorte Camera: https://amzn.to/32FiJLR
ZeePorte Camera with Solar Panel: https://amzn.to/3qO0Tho
Single Solar Panel: https://amzn.to/3mV6uSe
2 Pack Solar Panel: https://amzn.to/3mPCE1u
128GB Micro SD Card: https://amzn.to/3ESIcOC
256GB Micro SD Card: https://amzn.to/3JCUf6i
Gryphon WiFi In-House Router: https://amzn.to/3iAbe04